The one that helps you to find out more things in a secret spot inside an ancient place.
Contact us for detailed price
ABOUT THE TRIP
ABOUT THE HANOI PHAT DIEM TAM COC TOUR
Take a day trip from Hanoi to Ninh Binh, a small town on the Red River Delta in northern Vietnam. Visit Phat Diem Cathedral, the main place of worship for the province’s 140.000 Roman Catholics. Try the specialties of Ninh Binh for lunch and get the feeling “Don’t mess with Mother” by taking a boat tour to scenic caves and grottos. The nature of the region owns so many splendors inside.
- Duration: 1 day
- Starting time: 07:00 am
- Transportation: Private Car
- Pick up service: Hotel in the Old Quarter Centre
- Easy cancellation: 3 days before
HIGHLIGHT OF PHAT DIEM CATHEDRAL TAM COC TOUR
- Full day tour to Ninh Binh
- Visit Phat Diem Cathedral
- Take a boat ride to scenic caves and grottos
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
ITINERARY PHAT DIEM CATHEDRAL TAM COC DAY TOUR
Welcome tourists coming to the day tour!
7:30 am – 8:00 am: Tour guide will pick up you and your group from your hotel or at the confirmed meeting point in Hanoi Old Quarter. This will be a 2-hour drive to Ninh Binh, which is about 105 kilometers to the South of Hanoi.
Phat Diem Cathedral
9:30 am: It takes 2.5-hour drive to get Phat Diem Cathedral – one of the most beautiful and unique cathedrals in Vietnam, it becomes the center of Catholicism in North Vietnam.
The whole Phat Diem cathedral complex was built by stone between 1875-1899. It has been classified as a historic and cultural relic in Ninh Binh specifically and in Viet Nam in general. The cathedral is the main focus of worship for Ninh Binh Province’s 140.000 Roman Catholics.
Time for lunch & exploring Tam Coc
11:30 am: Get back to the car to transfer to Tam Coc grottoes to take a boat trip tour and have a delicious lunch at the outside Tam Coc Grottoes.
12:00 pm: Time for lunch, you are served with traditional Vietnamese food in a local restaurant.
13:30 pm: After lunch, enjoy small rowing boats on Ngo Dong River at Tam Coc dock to drift down the river among villages, mountains and lush rice fields. Take a seat on the rowboat in the Ngo Dong River, spread out your arms and feel the familiar breeze of the land warms your skin. The air and the smell of the rice paddies will make you close your eyes and not wanting to wake up anymore.
It takes you about 2 hours to pass through all three caves at Tam Coc (Hang Cả – First Cave, Hang Hai – Second Cave and Hang Ba – Third Cave). During this time, you also visit Bich Dong Pagoda, an attractive place for visitors with a unique beauty combination of nature, mountain, grotto and temple.
Cycling Along The Roads Of Tam Coc
15:00 pm: Ninh Binh is one of those places you definitely need to get your own transport if you don’t want to miss out tremendously. After spending time in Tam Coc, if you want to explore more the charm of this mountainous area, take a bike tour, wandering along the rural routes of Tam Coc. Cycling around the idyllic village to explore around sceneries. This experience will take your breath away.
Tourists will be overwhelmed with the ripen rice paddy fields during the harvest season and limestone mountains. Don’t forget to bring your camera for beautiful photos.
16:00 pm – 16:30 pm: Relax and get on the car and our driver will take you back to Hanoi.
18:30 pm: On arrival in Hanoi, we will drop you back to your hotel.
Take a Closer Look
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Pickup and drop off in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Transportation with air conditioner between Hanoi and Hoa Lu/Tam Coc (Round-trip)
- English-speaking tour guide during the trip
- All entrance tickets and fees to sites indicated in the itinerary
- Complimentary bottles of water on the bus
- Lunch featuring Vietnamese cuisine
- Visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
- To ensure each party is responsible for fulfilling any of its obligations, we set out below our standard payment terms and conditions:
- Deposit: Either full payment or a deposit of 10% of the total cost will be required and decided base on an individual tour basis. This should be done via one of our available online payment methods. Customers will receive confirmation documents or vouchers within 24 hours after we have received the deposit.
- Final Payment: Before the travel date. Payment by cash/ bank transfer or credit cards is accepted.
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- The promotion packages validity until 15 September 2019
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of the total money you already paid
- 1 day prior to departure, we will refund 0% of the total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change the date of your tour for you if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if the weather is bad and can not join the tour.
- You can reschedule the date or time of your experience up to 72 hours before the experience begin-time.
Canceling a rescheduled experience
- If you reschedule an experience, it can be canceled for a full refund within 24 hours of the original booking time or up to 30 days before the original start date.
- Should you be unable to complete the account verification process within 3 days of purchase, the experience will be canceled and fully refunded.
- Hosts make every effort to continue with their experience as scheduled. Should bad weather conditions create an unsafe scenario, the host may cancel the experience.
NINH BINH INFORMATION
How is the weather?
- It is not really for sure right or wrong time to visit Ninh Binh city, it depends on how you feel when you are in a country with about 3200 kilometres of coastline and three different weather systems. Like in all north Vietnam, it is hot and humid in Ninh Binh from May to October. Unfortunately, it has a high percentage of chance to typhoons during September. From November to April seems less challenging from the sky with dry and cooler weather. Not for sure that which time is better, in the rainy season, the scenery is so bright because the rice fields are at their best vivid green, so there’s no reason to think about which is the best time to go. The best time is around the year
- Goat Meat
- Scorched rice (elderberry)
- Fish raw (gỏi cá nhệch)
- Yên Mạc fermented pork Roll (Nem Chua Yên Mạc)
- 2 Pin Round
WHAT SHOULD BRING?
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- Do not wear shorts when visiting the temple
- Soffell mosquito repellent
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- After a boat trip on the river, the boat rower always expects the tip about 1 US$ or 2 US$.
START YOUR ADVENTURE NOW!
If you still want to consider more, take a look at these tour!
Hoa Lu Tam Coc Day Trip
Private Tam Coc Mua Cave Tour
Private Hoa Lu Trang An Mua Cave Tour